Skillsmastery Online Platform
Do you want to improve your literacy and English results this year?
SkillsMastery is an online learning platform that schools can subscribe to. Using Ipads, other tablets and laptops, students can access SkillsMastery and access their learning. SkillsMastery uses bespoke texts which complement the curriculum to demonstrate grammar, spelling and punctuation techniques and shows students not only what the technique is, but how it can be used in a specific context linking the learning. SkillsMastery uses the principles of Mastery teaching so that the building blocks of literacy are secure before students can build their deeper learning. Suitable for students working at the expected levels for KS2 and KS3, students work at their own pace independently to build their literacy knowledge.
- Improve results in reading, writing and GPS fast
- In 10 weeks, pupils who used SkillsMastery outperformed their peers in grammar by 66% and reading by 40%
- SkillsMastery helps boys accelerate their progress in literacy
- No admin and easy to get started
- An effective use of Pupil Premium Budget
- In 10 weeks, pupils who used SkillsMastery outperformed their peers in grammar by 66% – here’s how we made the difference.
At Parks Academy, Hull, in addition to their standard curriculum, a group of key pupils used SkillsMastery during intervention sessions. During each forty-minute session, the pupils used SkillsMastery, the only online grammar platform, independently under adult supervision, over a period of 10 weeks using tablets or laptops.
- All of the students who used SkillsMastery moved from below end of year 6 expectations to achieving end of year 6 expectations in both grammar and reading.
- Pupils who used SkillsMastery improved their progress in grammar, spelling and punctuation by 66% compared to their peers.
- Pupils who used SkillsMastery also improved their reading by 40% compared to their peers.
Reasons why this outstanding progress happens.
- Grammar terminology is used, but explained through real-world examples.
- Grammar features are shown in a literature or non-fiction context.
- Links are made between the grammar feature and the effect of the feature.
- Pupils are able to practise without fear of being exposed.
- The principles of Mastery Teaching are used.
- Memory is linked to learning and the repetitive nature of the course allows the grammar features to become embedded into working memory.
1 year’s subscription from date of purchase. Suitable for Intervention or small schools this allows access to SkillsMastery for up to 15 students and 2 members of staff.
1 year’s subscription from date of purchase. Suitable for year group or whole key stage intervention, this allows up to 250 students and 10 members of staff access to SkillsMastery. With an option for on-site training or launch assembly.
1 year’s subscription from date of purchase. Suitable for year group or whole key stage intervention, this allows unlimited numbers of students and staff access to SkillsMastery. With an option for on-site training or launch assembly.
SkillsMastery Literacy has been written by an Advanced Skills Teacher of English and Specialist Leader in Education to help teachers help children improve their literacy.
For more information please contact or purchase a years subscription here.