Everything English can cater for a variety of student events. We will fulfil the differing requirements of Key Stage 2, 3, 4 and 5 in English Language and English Literature. We offer pre-planned events, as well as a service where we can create a bespoke event just for your students. We cover all examination boards, therefore we can tailor the events to your needs.
Let us organise an intensive day of revision to prepare your students for their 100% English examinations.
The student focus could be:
- Achieving grade 9 – a targeted intervention day that will focus on how the more able students can achieve maximum marks on the examination papers.
- Grade 4 and 5 students. Without the cushion of coursework/controlled assessments, it is essential that the students who could be borderline have a full understanding of exactly what is required in examination conditions.
- Motivating boys
- Raising the self-esteem of girls.
A Bespoke English Literature Day
Such a day will provide an intensive booster session on preparing for English Literature. We could cover poetry, and/or focus on a key text from your choice of Shakespeare, modern prose/drama, and your selection of 19th Century literature. We can create a day that suits the needs of your students. We will cover:
- Examination technique
- Key quotations – and how to memorise them
- Key themes and how to map them across the whole text
- Marginal gains
- Confidence and self esteem
- A question by question explanation of how to get the top marks
- Model answers
Select your dates:
- The days may be useful for the students to prepare for their mocks. When the sessions are earlier in the year, the students can build on these techniques in the weeks leading up to the examination
- You could also book us nearer the time of the actual examinations as their final preparation. This would act as a final boost before the examination itself.
- You could use these sessions to provide a boost for texts that were studied in Year 10, and just need an intensive day of examination focus which will save yourself some valuable teaching time.
- The sessions could also be used post mock, where gaps in certain students learning has been identified and can be quickly and effectively caught up
- We offer weekend sessions, holiday sessions, or we can offer term time revision days.
Some of the schools we are working with have booked us over a series of days to ensure students have a full knowledge of both English Literature and English Language. This caters for key groups and for potential gaps in knowledge.
Our days can be preparing students for specific papers in English Language and English Literature. We cover AQA, Edexcel, Educas and OCR.
We can come to you, or we can organise a venue. We can create an event that suits your needs.
Our guarantee is that the sessions are all delivered by highly specialised English teachers who have a proven track record of excellent results over many years of teaching.
We offer weekend sessions, holiday sessions, or term time revision days.
Book NOW to avoid disappointment.
An important part of our service is listening to your requirements and using our expertise to create pertinent and relevant student session. We can come to your school, or we can organise an external venue for your event. Our service enables you to focus on the needs of students, while we do the organisation and the preparation for you.
Our small group tutoring sessions will be continuing in September. Our aim is to give students a weekly intensive session to support their learning and increase their confidence in English, as well as supporting and improving their general literacy. The excellent testimonials are evidence of our success in this area.
Everything English Education Consultancy is a company that provides high quality consultancy and continuous professional development. They also deliver a range of student seminars and whole day events designed to optimize student progress in the classroom.
We cover ALL examination boards. Recent examples of our work with students include:
- A series of four A level English Literature days to prepare students at Goffs School for OCR English Literature – 2017-18;
- A series of revision days at Greenfield Community School to prepare for AQA English Language paper 1, Paper 2 and English Literature Paper 1 and Paper 2 – 2017-2018;
- Y6 Transition week – Creative writing project – Shiney Row Primary School;
- GCSE English Literature at Caistor Academy, Lincolnshire – with a focus on ‘The Sign of Four” – 2018;
- A series of revision days at Suffolk New College to prepare for WJEC GCSE re-sit;
- A series of OCR GCSE English Language sessions at Woodard Academy, Kent;
- GCSE English Language sessions AQA, Goffs School;
- GCSE English Literature AQA, Ernest Bevin School, Tooting;
- Small group AQA English Language and English Literature revision sessions at Viewpoint, Consett;
- Small group Edexcel English Language and English Literature revision sessions at Viewpoint, Consett;
- Super Learning Revision days at Norham High School for English Language and English Literature GCSE – Easter and May holiday 2016;
- prepare for their iGCSE coursework.
- St Bede’s Sixth Form College, Stockton – AS English Language with a focus on Language and Power and how to respond to Section B of the examination. Jury’s Inn, Newcastle.
- Crookhill Primary School – Secondary Ready, to develop writing skills to support students in achieving a level 6.
- Shotley Bridge Junior School – Secondary Ready, writing skills.
Please refer to our testimonial page as evidence of the success of our events.