Everything English Education Consultancy is an unusual company in terms of education consultancy because we do not only advise and train staff, but we also teach and lead problem departments in the short term. We get problem departments back on their feet and being successful again where they may be experiencing immediate problems around teaching and learning. In particular we focus upon English, with IGCSE being a specialism.
We have been very busy in recent years with the educational changes taking place in the UK. However, we are now looking to see what opportunities there may be for us to expand our work abroad. As directors, between us, we have over 40 years’ experience in education at a variety of teaching, leadership and consultancy levels. We have had massive success in dramatically boosting student outcomes and improving staff in the UK, in both the public and private sector. Peter Thomas is a Pearson National Teaching Award winner for leadership in Teaching and Learning and Christine Thomas is a board member for NATE ( The National Association for the Teaching of English)
We can train and support your international school in the following ways:
An English Department health check;
• Teaching and Learning – effective strategies in the classroom;
• Effective questioning for outstanding teaching;
• Modelling of outstanding teaching;
• Observations to support staff development;
• Training in differentiation with a focus on SEN and More Able and Talented;
• Curriculum mapping;
• Teaching writing across the curriculum
• Resourcing linear 2017 –IGCSE and International A level;
• Support in planning an effective Key Stage 3 Curriculum;
• Using data to track and monitor progress.
Our service includes:
• Whole School Literacy;
• Key strategies linked to theory and discussions about how to put this into practice;
• Marking codes;
• Monitoring the implementation of literacy of all staff;
• The importance of a realistic and easily implemented Marking Policy;
• Effective marking and feedback;
• Reading programmes.
Wider staff training:
Maximise the impact of teaching on student performance selecting from our CPD package. You can select key courses, or we can create a bespoke programme just for you!
• Behaviour management;
• Differentiation (Including the More Able);
• Promoting literacy in the classroom;
• Outstanding progress over time;
• Effective assessment to maximise student progress;
• Child protection training.
“Christine Thomas has provided outstanding leadership in English. She has provided clear direction and supported staff to rise to the challenge. Her work has enabled pupils to secure attainment and progress above national averages and support our work to move this school rapidly out of an Ofsted category.
She is an excellent practitioner who really cares about pupils and always works with tenacity to ensure each and everyone achieves their very best. As a school we have benefited greatly from Christine’s work.”
David Baldwin Executive Head Teacher Norham High School