Writing for a Target Audience
To suit your requirements // To suit your requirements
Cost: Bespoke to the session
This is an interactive course aimed at improving the clarity and effectiveness of written communication, with a particular focus on understanding how to write for a particular audience in the modern workplace. The course will give you a range of strategies to successfully plan for, and deliver, written communication in the workplace. It will assist you in avoiding common pitfalls and increase your confidence in presenting yourself and your written documents in a professional context.
- To raise individual confidence in planning and structuring written communication in the workplace.
- To engage others by understanding audience and purpose.
- Understanding levels of formality in written communication.
- Clarity of written communication & editing techniques.
- Understanding grammar, punctuation, vocabulary & tone.
- Writing effective emails, blogs and newsletters.
- Using social media effectively – Twitter, Facebook and Linked-In, in the workplace.
- Achieving consistency across the team.
- Delegates are encouraged to bring examples of their work or future written presentation topics to work on during the day.
- There will be an opportunity to both reflect and develop your own professional approach to communication in the workplace and ensure that as a team, you all approach the art of communication in the most professional and productive way.
- Christine Thomas
- Peter Thomas
Upon completion of the course you will receive:
- A CPD certificate documenting what you have learnt on the course
- On line post course support
Arrive at 9.30 for a 10.00 start.
Lunch is provided: 12.30-1.00
Session ends at 3.15pm
Refreshments will be available all day.
We will be available at the end of the course for further advice and support.